Trying to uncover winning pokies techniques involved speaking to many online pokie players who, more often than not, seem to come out on top. To add further evidence to what these winning pokies players were telling us, we spoke to industry insiders who also confirmed that their approach would most likely improve other players’ chances of hitting a winning streak more often.
We highlight the key findings below…
Current Pokies Casinos Running Hot
|$1500 + 150 FREE Spins
Winning Tips and Advice from Winning Players
- Request to find out which pokie games are running ‘Hot’ and ‘cold’. If casinos don’t make this information available on their website, contact the support team to request it.
- Determine the return-to-player percentage (RTP%) of the pokie games. PLEASE NOTE: this percentage does fluctuates depending on the casinos total wins or losses.
- Make sure the casino offers a generous welcome bonus on Pokie games. Why? because you can then use the casinos bonus money to learn the game features before moving onto regularly depositing more money on a game you like and are comfortable with. You will be able to convert any winning you have into real cash (be sure to check the wagering requirements on any bonus money offered though).
- Another way of getting to know the pokie is by first choosing to play the Free Play or Demo mode.
- Lower your bet size if you are on a loosing streak. This will allow you more time to increase the odds in your favour.
- Once you feel like things are turning in your favour, you need to increase the bet size, as this will allow you to maximize your potential win amount.
- This is actually the one bit of advice that most players gave us! Play with a clear head. This means you should not be feeling down, drinking booze or be on prescription medication. The reason: having a clear mind allows you to have the confidence and ability to know when to walk away when you are ahead.
- Choose a casino that offers a good selection of online pokies to play for real money.
- Play within your means and for entertainment purposes only.
Pokie Winners – Testimonials
We wanted to put this theory to test and so we asked a few Pokies winners what they felt was their secret to pokie winning success.
Bruce B from Sydney told us his number 1 rule for winning at pokies “…get to know your pokie like the back of your hand. Know how the multipliers, free spins and bonus features work. All the value-adds can work in your favour. Know how and when to adjust your bet size to maximize your playing time which improves your odds, is just as important”
Mark S. from Brisbane “I only ever play pokies when i am in a good mood. I tried once to play when i was down and failed miserably. So my thinking from that point on was to only play when I was in a good frame of mind. It’s so much easier to walk away when things are going well or bad”
Kaylie B. from Melbourne had the following to say about her winning pokie experience “I usually like to play pokies once or twice a month and i set aside a budget for this each month. I enjoy playing at the Crown but most of the time it’s easier to play online at casinos. My trick is to always ask for a bonus. That way I always start on the front foot”
Stuart B (unknown location) “I used to play land based pokies but quickly realised that i was pissing my money away. What i needed was better odds and it took me a while to realise that online casinos offer the best odds. I’ve heard land based casino’s are around 65% on pokies while online it’s around 95%. In my head that’s a no brainer”